In Asia, that is. And on this blog!
Past readers of Cracking the Egg should know that, naturally, things are changing up a bit here. Five years since leaving Taiwan, finishing undergrad, then grad school, then full time dream job, and engagement and other various large and wonderful life happenings, I’ve embarked on a new stage in life: partially nomadic world travel. That is, Taiwan is the temporary ‘home-base’ from which to travel to different parts of Southeast Asia. Meanwhile, I’m ready to turn back to this small part of the interwebs to 1) update my family and friends on my escapades abroad, 2) (selfishly, I suppose) make sure I am reflecting on and growing from this experience, and finally to 3) hopefully help out some future friends!
Things you can expect to see over the next month:
- Taiwan 5 years later
- What it’s like to backpack in 2016
- How to take advantage of 10 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Pages of resources on places to stay, people to meet, and things to do in Thailand and Malaysia
- Pictures of food…because Southeast Asia
- New & updated resources on living in Taiwan
- …and more!
Where else to follow me:
Here’s a video of a baby elephant to hold you over until next post…